Pest control and energy reduction go hand in hand. The same gaps that allow drafts in and out of your home can allow pests in.
Some pests, like spiders, seek out drafts and air currents as ideal web locations. Other times its rodents using a gap around plumbing lines to gain easy access to food sources in your home.
Heating and air conditioning can often be the largest part of a homes energy requirements. Allowing conditioned air to escape, unsealed gaps and crevices are costing you money as your heat/ac unit struggles to keep up, raising your power bill and causing unnecessary wear and tear on the unit.
Simple fixes, like weather-stripping doors and windows can reduce access to a home's interior and more efficiently maintain a comfortable temperature for the residents.
But what about hard to reach areas in a crawlspace or attic? This is where your most prominent energy loss and pest access points can be found: around ductwork, electrical and plumbing lines.
Splat offers exclusion services with a two-fold benefit to our customers:
1) Reducing pest access points, making it harder for pests to enter your home and easier to treat for new pest occurrences.
2) Reducing energy loss, keeping your heat or air conditioning inside your home where it belongs, reducing your energy expenditure and extending the life of your heat/ac unit.
Exclusion is a broad term that can encompass many areas of improving your home's energy efficiency and reduce pest activity.
A typical exclusion service includes foam sealing plumbing and electrical entry points, vents, large gaps and voids; as well as taking moisture readings to determine wood moisture content and the likelihood of fungal growth.
Additional services that might be right for your home:
- Adjusting, repairing or replacing crawlspace doors for a secure fit and seal.
- Installing insulative tents on attic access doors.
- Crawlspace vapor barriers.
- Insulation repair or replacement.
We are ready to help you save time and money with a crawlspace inspection
Copyright © 2021 Splat Pest Services - All Rights Reserved.